The Director of Marketing is a dynamic individual who will be a key player in the growth and development of our marketing teams and our marketing solutions. This role is a big-picture thinker who is also comfortable rolling up their sleeves to work alongside the team members they will manage to ensure their department’s success.
- Team Leadership. Model and foster behavior that establishes a culture that values all team members and clients and aligns with our core values of partnership, integrity, excellence, creativity and passion.
- Participate on the Executive Leadership Team. Work within the Leadership team to translate the company’s vision into a departmental vision with established goals and clear action plans.
- Department goals. Oversee the Marketing Department’s key performance indicators to ensure department health through a productive and profitable team.
- Recruitment and training. Onboard, train, retain, manage and coach our marketing team members using our GROW methodology and framework.
- Client results. Provide direction and support to our marketing teams in the area of client relations and to ensure a VIP customer experience for all of our marketing partners at all of our tiered service levels. Ensure the marketing strategies created within the department reflect the diversity of needs and goals within our client accounts.
- Marketing advisory. Serve as a cross-functional advisor focused on traffic and lead generation for all division opportunities.
- Communication. Ability to communicate and work effectively with team members in all areas of the organization.
- Leadership experience. You are an experienced and innovative digital marketing leader, with 4+ years of experience, who has experience managing multiple managers and high-level marketing talent. You are able to strategically delegate action items, coach team members to promote functional and professional growth, as well as general performance management coaching.
- Experience taking action based on data. Data is the fuel to our company’s growth, so being able to attribute meaning to data is key for the director of marketing’s success.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams. Growth needs multiple people with different expertise, so the director of marketing must understand how to integrate efforts across various disciplines.
- Broad knowledge of digital marketing. The ideal director of marketing has a T-shaped type of knowledge, which means having a broad understanding of many topics that range from SEO, Web Design, Paid Advertising, Google Analytics, Landing Page Design, etc — But, has deep knowledge in one or two.
- User Experience knowledge. Understanding how the users interact with our product solution is a big part of the director of marketing’s job description.
- Project management experience. Being in charge of a growth strategy involves leading multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to move fast. In most cases, implementing an imperfect MVP fast is better than taking a lot of resources to implement a perfectly crafted hypothesis.
- Holistic business knowledge. Growth managers must have a strong business acumen and possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience leading people. The director of marketing will not always execute growth initiatives, so it’s key that your candidate has an excellent track record managing other people’s efforts.
- Growth mindset. You are dedicated to constantly growing by actively seeking out webinars, blogs, and leveraging your professional network to stay on top of trends and best practices in both digital marketing as well as managerial techniques and approaches.