The ideal candidate has a love for user experience, high quality design, and attention to detail. As the Senior Web Designer at Designzillas, you’ll be combining form and function to create engaging and effective websites and more with our elite web team. This role requires both digital design and some web development skills, using tools and programs such as Sketch, Photoshop, WordPress and more.
- Participate in client kickoff meetings to help guide and steer creative conversations
- Contribute to a project’s web strategy to organize goals, objectives, pages, flow and creative theme
- Design custom websites and layouts based on content strategy and UX best practices.
- Utilize a modular design approach to design regions, layouts, pages that inherit a consistent style guide throughout the website.
- Study user data to help make well informed design decisions throughout the website.
- Manage the website content and work with clients and/or copywriters for implementation within the website.
- Build pages within WordPress based on pre-themed layouts from our development team.
- Work on multiple projects and priorities within a monthly sprint (we use agile / scrum framework for managing our work).
- Design creative concepts both independently and alongside other team members with a mobile-first mentality
- Create prototypes, mockups and visualizations to help the team conceptualize a product
- Create prototypes and staging sites for review and feedback using our in-house version control and staging processes
- Pitch designs to clients through storytelling and data-based decisions making.
- Continuously optimize the UX and conversion rates of existing websites by making design and user experience improvements to the website.
- Desire to work on a highly productive team with a willingness to adapt to different projects and changing requirements as needed
- Professional experience using design tools: Sketch highly preferred, Photoshop or equivalent acceptable
- Be able to collaborate well with clients and team members to bring a vision to life
- Proficiency in WordPress, knowledge of WordPress standards and ability to use the WP codex
- Designing with a mobile-first mentality
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Willingness to troubleshoot, solve complex problems and implement user-friendly solutions for our team and clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing requirements and instructions
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Bonus: Experience designing with Figma