Designzillas’ developers implement custom website designs using WordPress with custom themes and plugins. The ideal candidate has a high level of competence with mobile-first web development best practices, is constantly learning about new technologies, and loves the challenge of building custom websites.
- Use our in-house starter theme & plugin to rapidly build “mobile-first” websites.
- Work with other developers in version controlled environments.
- Participate in design reviews, asking necessary questions to determine functionality requirements.
- Test and verify websites work properly across multiple browsers and devices.
- Follow ADA accessibility best practices for website construction.
- Multi-task projects with external requests and self-manage within the schedule.
- Communicate with clients and fellow team members.
- Regularly perform maintenance and performance improvements of partner websites.
- Work with the team, bringing your ideas and insights, to improve our internal tools and processes
- Experience with Git.
- Understanding of front end nuances between different major web browsers and devices. We do not support IE in the majority of builds.
- Ability to interpret and implement user interface designs with a high level of quality.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- One to two years working in an agency environment, or ability to show related experience.
- Knowledge of Drupal 7, Drupal 8, or HubSpot CMS.
- Functional knowledge of Object Oriented PHP (or other OO language).
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Magento, or Shopify.
- Experience with pre-compiled CSS.
- Experience with page builders such as Elementor.
- Experience with build tools such as Gulp and webpack.
- Experience participating in code reviews.
- A natural curiosity for emerging trends and technologies with a willingness to share knowledge.
Things to Note
- Candidates are expected to provide a portfolio or samples of past work