Designzillas is teaming up with Orlando Economic Partnership (referred to as “the Partnership”) to strategically redesign and execute its website. A not-for-profit, public-private economic and community development organization representing Central Florida’s seven counties and hundreds of the region’s top private businesses, the Partnership recently unveiled an ambitious plan to recast economic development to achieve broad-based prosperity for the region.
In the summer of 2018, the Partnership led a collective effort to develop a framework for Orlando’s future. The result was a strategic three-year plan called Launch to Tomorrow, designed to help businesses across many industries in this region thrive.
Five foundational objectives are the focus of the Partnership’s mission and serve to improve the region’s competitiveness while responding to the needs of communities, residents and businesses. They include:
- Strengthening Orlando’s Economy;
- Amplifying Orlando’s Story;
- Championing Regional Priorities;
- Empowering Community Leaders; and
- Building a Brilliant Region.
To achieve this, the Partnership sought a qualified vendor to plan, design and execute its new website, requiring in each candidate: demonstrated experience with managing website projects, expertise in best practices regarding user experience, and proper use of development and deployment. Designzillas was selected due to its holistic understanding of the Partnership as well as its priorities and goals, presenting a clear and strategic plan of action to help for how to complete the project.
“As a business community, Orlando is very lucky to have so many creative agencies with such depth of talent, range of creativity and expertise in our market,” said Lisa Hultquist, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications at the Partnership. “We considered numerous top contenders and it became very clear Designzillas understood our organization from a holistic perspective. By bringing us into their process and demonstrating a strategic and analytical focus on the user journey, we got a feel for how the project would flow and knew we were in good hands.”
We considered numerous top contenders and it became very clear Designzillas understood our organization from a holistic perspective. By bringing us into their process and demonstrating a strategic and analytical focus on the user journey, we got a feel for how the project would flow and knew we were in good hands.
— Lisa Hultquist, Orlando Economic Partnership
“At Designzillas, we have the privilege of working with leading companies across a variety of different industries, from health care and private education, to law firms and so much more,” said Johnny Hughes, CEO and Founder of Designzillas. “These client-partners not only make our day-to-day jobs exciting and challenging—they also make it very rewarding to create unique online presences that are fully equipped to take the digital arena by storm. The Partnership is not only one that we’re thrilled to get to work with, but one that supports the Orlando region and its bright future.”
An Opportunity to Showcase All That Orlando Has to Offer
Through extensive planning, the team at Designzillas will strategize, design and execute the new Orlando Economic Partnership website: www.orlando.org. Top objectives planned for the new site include:
- Scalable information architecture strategy
- Seamless user experience
- Easily accessible tools and resources for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrate the strong, diverse and unified business community in Orlando in a visually appealing, easily consumable format
- Showcase a data center/report builder for quick access to key information
As part of the Partnership’s branding campaign “You Don’t Know the Half of It,” Designzillas has the opportunity to showcase the Orlando that people only thought they knew. More than simply a great place to vacation, it’s also an amazing place to live and do business. Here’s a few reasons why:
- The #1 City in the U.S. for Job Growth in 2016 & 2015 // U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics
- The 2nd Fastest Growing City of 2017 // Forbes, 2017
- Listed in the Top 10 “American Cities of the Future” in 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014 // fDi Magazine
- The 2nd Most Competitive Business Location Among Large U.S. Cities // KPMG, 2016
- The 4th Best State in the U.S. for Business Tax Climate // Tax Foundation, 2015
- The Best City for Recreation, Best Foodie City and Most Pet-Friendly City // WalletHub, 2016
- Among 15 of the “Most Dynamic Cities in America” // Worth magazine, 2016
- 1st Advanced Manufacturing Smart Sensor Research Center in the U.S. (BRIDG at NeoCity)
Launching to Tomorrow Together
As proud residents of Orlando, our team at Designzillas is thrilled to play a part in sharing the Partnership’s bold vision for the future. The Partnership and Designzillas plan to launch the new website in phases beginning Spring, 2019, with the debut of the Partnership’s Communication Hub. The Hub will be designed to amplify Orlando’s story through engaging content that changes perceptions and advances Orlando as a future-ready region. Another new concept will feature a talent and recruiting portal to support local industry candidate pipelines. Final phases are set to launch late 2019. Stay tuned for the new www.Orlando.org website.